Saturday, May 26, 2018


Floaters


I can see you.

I follow your course,
A miniscule black ship
Adrift in the ocean of my eye,
An anxious voyage 'round
The iris, from deep hazel to
yellow-white, interrupted
When heavy-lidded night
 Falls
A pink and black dome above  
Murmuring, twitching waters,
Sightless and heaving, until
The fearful explosion of white
That heralds the splitting dawn.

Soon, I will set sail in
My own black ship,
For I too, am a floater,
And I sail onwards,
Back and again,
For reasons
Known only to myself,
A journey gauged not in
Miles but blinks
'Round the curve of
The horizon
Battened down through
A storm of salty teardrops,
And always, always
Feeling the pressing weight
Of that sublime eye
Upon me
And its owner--
He too, I'm sure, about to
Board a black ship of his own making--
Muttering to himself all the while

I can see you.
I can see you.


No comments:

Post a Comment